Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pacific NW Steelies Eat OH Tubes!


Jeff Liskay, Patagonia Fishing Ambassador and member of Team Fishdog, had a chance to check out the record steelhead run on the Deschutes River in Oregon recently. Jeff was well stocked with a supply of OH tube patterns that Deschutes steelies had no problem hitting. This fish ate a no-name pattern of black and chartreuse fur, feathers, and scale mirror flash with a Eumer Monster Cone in front.




Jeff was fishing a Scott T2H rod with his favorite Nautilus reel. The line was a SA Supra Skagit with a length of Express 14 in front.

1 comment:

Sonder said...

Oddly your right! I finf my buddy up on a few river up in southern Oregon, and Northern Cali doing well with my tubes also crazy colors pinks, blues, cherise, and I'm pretty dumb founded. Now if I can get him away from the fishing and get some pics! Nice pic Jerry!